Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am a lesbian at heart: homage to the Girouard siblings

I have known Jena Girouard for almost year now. Jena G, as I so affectionately call her, is one of the best people I know and I can’t imagine my life with out her. I have never laughed so hard around one person in my life, especially when she told me to get out of the car as we were driving 60 miles per hour on route 78.

I recently met Jena’s brother Mark. They are two peas in a pod and he is just as wonderful as she is. He looks and speaks just like Woody Harrelson and has a quick wit delivered with a southern drawl that will drive you to tears.

Here are a few conversations that have taken place between the Girouard siblings and me.

A phone conversation one spring day at work:
Me: Jena, I know why we (Jena-a Gemini, me-a Taurus) can be such great friends but never date.

Jena: V.A., please tell me, aside from the fact that we are not lesbians, why can we never date?

Me: Well we are both standing at a ledge about to step off, but we are at different ledges so that way we can talk each other off said ledges.

Jena: Yeah, because if we were dating we would be holding hands jumping off that ledge together, for sure.

My first meeting with Mark:
Mark: I new you were 60/40 lesbian! I could just tell.

Me: But I have a boyfriend

Mark: Nope 60/40.

Jena and I leaving a soccer game
Jena: I’m driving Darren’s lesbian car

Me: I’ve never heard anyone call a car “lesbian”. What kind of car is it?

Jena: A Subaru Outback.

Me: I love that car!!! That was my first car when I got my license. I miss it so much!

Jena: Yeah, exactly, that’s cause you’re a lesbian

Gotta love the Girouards. I have yet to meet the older sister, but apparently she loves lesbians so I’m excited to be inducted into the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment