Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A New 50 Days!!

Ok, ok, ok. So here we are the Tuesday after my sister’s birthday and I have not committed to my 50 days. Fifty days of sobriety will not be back; my readers and friends blatantly shot down that idea. Apparently my recollection of sobriety was much different than y’alls. The sobriety idea went to shit once I decided to have wine at lunch and beer at dinner that day.

I think I’m leaning toward 50 days of running or 50 days of the gym. I would have started it already however I contracted a nasty stomach virus, which left me in the fetal position for 3 days. I emerged from my illness today only to find that I have herniated diaphragm muscles from the intense vomiting. Sexy, right? No.

So in the past year and a half I have gained 29lbs. How and why? I’m a stress eater. I also think I have a compulsive eating disorder. Of course I couldn’t get anorexia or bulimia. My cousin told me I’m just not white enough to get either of those eating disorders. Aside: I notice that I never get the good stereotyped traits from either of my ethnicities. I have gigantic thighs accompanied by a big but, no anorexia or bulimia, and I sunburn. WTF?

Why: We covered that in the last post.

I don’t want people to think I’m hopping on the health bandwagon because I got fat. I mean that is part of it but the ultimate goal is to get back on track with challenging myself. As some of you might remember, there were some rumblings last year of 50 days drunk with my co-conspirator Capps Corleone. The 50 days drunk was supposed to kick off at our first annual $1000 Tab at Café 210 but it never happened. This year we are going to repeat our $1000 Tab at Café 210 in June which will kick-off 50 days drunk. No ifs, and or butts. In order to be properly drunk and assure your body is metabolizing alcohol at the most optimized levels your body has to be a lean-mean-drinking machine.

So, tomorrow I will initiate 50days of working out.

The rules: 30mins of cardio every day for 50days (until April 14th).

Exceptions: If I become ill, are stranded in an airport or some other weird occurrence that might hold me back from my 30min work out I will need to make up the workout session on another day. If I do make up the session it cannot be tacked on to that day’s work out meaning that I will need to go to the gym twice in one day. The workouts have to be separated by at least 2 hours from finish to start.

My alarm is set for 6:20am to assure I get my ass to the gym for a solid work out.

Ok . . . here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment