Tuesday, April 3, 2012


I have taken this show on the road. . . . by on the road I mean across the country to San Francisco.

The West Coast is very different than the East Coast.



Here are a few things that I have noticed . . . . .

1    One out of every 3 people is eccentric or downright crazy. No joke. The most normal person I have met is the girl with Down Syndrome who bags groceries at the Safeway. She is pleasant, fast, efficient and can carry a conversation about organic frozen foods. My head doesn’t spin after talking to her and I don’t think I have hallucinated our conversations. A bagger at Whole Foods in Sebastopol (the hippie capital of the world) took it upon himself to tell me about his night terrors.

2    Wine is cheap. Like seriously fucking cheap. Like bring a tear to your eye cheap. Like I go to the super market at pay $5 for a bottle of wine I used to pay $13 for. Needless to say my cost of living has dropped significantly

     Everyone drives a high-end luxury car (BMW, Mercedes, Lexus and Porche). There are so many Porches. There are more Porches than Hondas. No joke.


      Shit closes early and people get up early. Most people (including myself) get up in the middle of the night (or what I consider the middle of the night) but they also go to bed early. i.e. Liquid lunches are a biweekly occurrence and drinks actually happen at 5pm. None of this show up at 7pm or later shit

5    Everyone does yoga, including me. Yes, I am better for it. Don’t judge

6    You have to go out of your way to buy food with preservatives here. Everything is organic and if you don’t know it is organic by the branding or the giant organic sticker there is lady outside asking you to sign a petition to make it more obvious that your food is organic

7   In the midst of all the health freakiness there is a parade called the “Butter and Eggs parade” in which my yoga instructor ask that we march in. Ironic?

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I don't get to see you more. HUGS

    Hope to see you in August at the picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admit that you could give a flying fuck about what your "white" relatives have to say. I have no expectations of you replying in anyway, shape or form to me. Just know that Cathy would be PISSED at how you ignore your white Aunt's.

    ReplyDelete