Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 39: Sobriety is ruining my life


I have realized that sobriety has led me to a sense of clarity or I'm crazy and alcohol makes me normal . . . I'm not sure but I think the next 11 days are going to be long ones.

So my good friend Veronica Weinstein and I had a conversation about sobriety:

Me: I think sobriety is making me crazy.
Veronica: You're not crazy. You're awesome.
Me: That's sweet but I'm really going crazy. I need a drink, it makes me normal.
Veronica: Sobriety makes people moody.
Me: I'm not moody anymore, just ancy. I need to have sex.
Veronica: No alcohol and no sex! Whoa, you're a nun.
Me: The not having sex is purely accidental. It's hard to go out and sleep with random people when alcohol is not involved.
Veronica: So are you experiencing any sort of clarity then?
Me: Yes, exactly and I hate it.
Veronica: Clarity is what people strive for.
Me: Well those people are stupid. I need a drink to cloud my judgment and make me whole again.

I'm afraid that over the next 11 days I will impale myself on a broken bottle of bourbon.

Above is an image of a guy smashing a bottle of wine on his head. I'd kind of like to do that right now then drowned in the wine. Fuck my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of u!!! Just think of the fun we'll have in Miami making up for these 50 days!

    ReplyDelete