Monday, April 13, 2009

It's not like riding a bike

I figured I may have to ease a little bit back into drinking but that it would be a little like riding a bike. You hop off the wagon, have a drink or two and you are back in the fast lane. NOT AT ALL.

On my first night of non sobriety I sucked back a PetrĂ³n Martini. I got a little tipsy but my biggest gripe was that my stomach burned. I had coated my stomach with six perogies before I left Queens just a few hours earlier. That was more than sufficient to set the stage for my first drink . . nope! The tequila burned right through the perogies lining my stomach. I was not that into it.

The next night I took it easy as well. At dinner I had two glasses of chardonnay, an Irish coffee, a Chocolate Love Martini and an Apple Martini. I was slightly tipsy but again my stomach burned. I was not a fan. It will be slow road to alcohol redemption. I feel like I have one ankle stuck on the wagon and I’m being dragged along side it.



No comments:

Post a Comment