Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 38: Alcohol Withdrawal


So recently I have developed an eye twitch. This is not something particularly new as I usually development them in stressful situations. However, my eye twitch intensified, so I got a little nervous.

Like any other person in the medical industry I logged on to WebMD. Thinking that I had Multiple Sclerosis or a brain tumor, I went right to the symptom checker. Actually I didn't go right to the symptom checker, I made a quick detour to Bye, Bye, Cellulite - which was bullshit . . don't say it unless you mean it.

Now I'm at the symptom checker and I type in "eye twitching". A list of symptom clarifiers comes up. I click on "Involuntary/abnormal movements of the eyelid" which happens to be exactly what I am experiencing. I click go and what comes up under conditions? Alcohol intoxication or withdrawal. I shit you not! So I google "alcohol withdrawal symptoms" and what comes up? Involuntary/abnormal movements of the eyelid among other things.

That's some bullshit. I'm officially going through alcohol withdrawal. I can't wait to start drinking again so my eye will stop twitching. Fucking A!


I had a conversation recently that went a little like this:

Oz: That woman is so old she was around when the original American flag was sewn
Becs: Yeah, by Betsy Johnson.
Me: Nope, wrong Betsy. Betsy Ross. Although Betsy Johnson does look like she's about 230 years old.

You can't hate on Betsy J., she makes a mean pair of undies.

2 comments:

  1. As your BAC decreases, I've noticed a marked increase in DDC (Daily Drama Content). You're not going through withdrawals 38 days later. But if somehow a lack of alcohol intake was actually causing you bodily harm, would you break down and have a friggin drink? I'd hope you would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst of the physical withdrawal symptoms occur within the first 48-72 hours after your last consumption of ETOH.

    maybe it's a brain tumor...

    ReplyDelete