Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 10


10 days down . . . 40 to go!

8am: I broke the original charger to my IPod Shuffle and now I can't get my Mac to recognize it. All I want to do is download Beyonce's Halo. I know a bottle of bourbon and I could get to the bottom of this.

10am: My sister Terry suggested we find other ways, besides drinking, to have fun. I suggested that was a bad idea.

11am: People are congratulating me and cheering me on for my 50 days of sobriety. That's some bullshit. Would you cheer someone on if they said they were going to jump off the GWB? I'm basically committing suicide one sober second at a time and you people are cheering me on.

11: 15am: I'm going to lose 8lbs. Alcohol usually motivates me so it's probably not going to happen.

11:30am: John from IT swings by my desk to tell me that my blog is "entertaining but quite disturbing". I know :-).

I decided to make a list of famous alcoholics. These people are my idols.

Jim Morrison - I was one bottle of bourbon away from being a hairy fat drunken version of Jim
Johnny Cash - He is perfect, need I say more
Hunter S. Thompson - A wild turkey drinker, a man after my own heart
David Hasselhoff - I've definitely handled a cheese burger like he did in his most famous film to date
Charles Bukowski - Drunken writers are sexy
Alex Trebek - It's fucking Alex Trebek
Michelle Rodriguez - We're twins except I don't get caught
Kiefer Sutherland - I too have wrestled a tree in a drunken stupor

2 comments: