Saturday, March 28, 2009

Day 34 - Ying's Birthday


So today was Ying's birthday. She and I spent the day lunching, getting mani/pedi's and doing some light shopping. 

Around 5:30 we headed over to Duke's to meet up with some friends for a celebratory dinner. 

We pulled up to a nice little table in the bar area. I ordered Ying a Pina Colada and a virgin Strawberry Daiquiri for myself. I was going to order a Pina Colada as well but I was afraid that I might mix our drinks up and I didn't want to take any chances. I sucked that thing back like it was filled with 151.

This was my first group outing since my sobriety decree and I'd say it went well. I realize that I can still be fun and entertaining while also being sober. My friend Robin proceeded to tell me that it would be impossible for me to just have one drink. So after my fifty days sober I will do 50 days just one drink. Of course I will be spending most of my time at Arriba, Arriba drinking their bath tub sized margarita's. She said just one drink, she didn't specify how big that drink might be.

Last night was almost like I was drinking. When I went down to the ladies room I noticed that my eyeliner was smudged and my shirt was a little disheveled. It was like I'd been pounding Jack&Ginger's all night. I felt sort of normal  for the first time in 34 days!! Some cute guys flirted with me in the bathroom line.  That was a plus.

After dinner I headed home while the rest of the group headed to a bar.  I have had the worst cramps of my life. I think it's god's way of punishing me for being such a slut.

I received an interesting phone call this evening. It was great phone call actually, almost too good to be true. But it got me thinking that if you just chill out and let go, things will come together.

This was my horoscope today: You are at the point in life when you can sit back and relax -- so why don't you. 

Well Mr. Horoscope, I am trying.






No comments:

Post a Comment