Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 7


9am: I wake up in a cold sweat to more weird dreams.  I had a dream that as an adult I am rushing a sorority. One of the sisters tells me that I should change my name because "V.A." is too offensive. In my dream I think that is bullshit so I slap the bitch. As the dream goes on this sorority sister just keeps saying shit that is stupid and every time I either punch or slap her, basically kicking her ass. I really disliked her, so much so that I woke up with a headache. I take 4 (my lucky number) Advil (key to killing symptoms of PMS) and I go back to sleep.

I think the sorority sister represented everyone in my life who thinks I should "conform",  so if you are one of those people I suggest you watch out. Cause I just might slap you.

10:15am: I wake up abruptly from another dream. This one more serious, my friend Jody, who I had a falling out with, passing away. I'm crushed and saddened by my dream. I decide to text him. Of course I still let him know that I want to kick his ass

10:30: My sister sends pictures from the party that triggered my sobriety. At least I look cute.

I get up to start the day. My first weekend sober will be spent painting baby Jackson's nursery. This project proves to be very therapeutic and helps me survive my first sober weekend.

I paint from 1:15pm to 1opm. 

During that time I hear back from Jody. Things are good.

My sister calls me to tell me my brother got into a car accident. Not a surprise. But the accident wasn't his fault. Pretty big fucking surprise.

11pm: I'm so exhausted that I fall into a deep sleep. 

First weekend day sober!

No comments:

Post a Comment