Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 24 - Happy St. Patrick's Day . . . . fuckers!


7:30am - I wake up to day 24 of sobriety which happens to be St. Patrick's Day. I'm half Irish and love to drink and will not be able to part take in the festivities. So on behalf of my sobriety I wish you a happy St. Patrick's Day and hope the green beer flows like water . . . fuckers!

My boss proceeds to tell me that I need to get laid.  It has been some time (about a month or so) and I'm getting ancy

I have been taking my sobriety and sexual frustration out on the soccer field. That's going well. 

I realized today that my ally in drinking has straight up been avoiding me. That would be Capps. He hasn't called or written since I declared my intentions to remain sober. Our friendship is based in spite so I am a little concerned.

Did I mention that I'm Irish and it St. Patrick's Day and I can't drink? Oh, yeah. 

7:30pm: I go down to O'Works (office St. Patty's Day party) to soberly mingle with co-workers. I knock back a cup of OJ. Later I find myself chewing on the side of my red solo cup. 

9:30pm: I send out an email to 4 company partners about a slide deck (a PowerPoint presentation).

9:38pm: I realize that instead of sending a slide deck to the 4 partners I sent a "dick".  Yep, I inserted the word "dick" instead of "deck" into a email that was disseminated to my boss and 4 partners. Fuck my life.

On a serious note (if you don't like serious don't read this). 

My mother was born on March 17th, 1959, today would have been her 50th birthday.

So awhile back I had mention that I thought of a cool way to reach out to young single parents living in urban areas.  This brain child came from a discussion with my good friend Sir Hemingway and some nursery designing that I have been doing for another friend.  

Sir Hemingway and I were talking about how exposing your children to ideas provokes thought. For instance, if you put a glow-in-the-dark star constellation on your child's ceiling it is going to stay with that child and conjure curiosity. So I was thinking of starting a housing initiative, working with housing projects and other government groups, to set up a program where artists can draw and paint murals for children living in housing projects. I would inevitably love for it to develop into a mentor program for young mothers. It's a grand idea so we'll see.




3 comments:

  1. Va that would have been a wild 50th birthday party. I don't think you would have been able to stay sober or keep up with that 50 year old.
    Love Uncle Willy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine, I'm writing. Happy? I've stayed away because I'm hurt. And lonely. And frightened. And drinking for two these past 25 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What my brother said, and I want to add that I still miss her.

    {{hugs}}

    I think that your idea for single Moms is so incredibly wonderful. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with, teaching childbirth classes, doula, anything...

    ReplyDelete