Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 25!!! Half-Way There!!!!


I AM HALF WAY THERE!!!!!

I feel great but I'm miserable. 

Song lyrics about drinkin'

"And the only time I feel alright is when I'm into drinking, It sort of eases the pain of it and levels out my thinking"

"There's a smell of stale fear that's reeking from our skins. The drinking never stops because the drinks absolves our sins"

"Since you've been gone my world's been dark and gray. You reminded me of brighter days. I hoped you were coming home to stay. I was headin' off to church. I was off to drink you away!"

Why I really stopped drinking . . .
Some people think that I stopped drinking because I woke up naked, on my brothers couch wrapped in a blanket with very little recollection of how I got there. Now, one would think that alone would drive someone to stop drinking. But let's be honest, I knew I had a problem when I woke up naked, on my brothers couch, with a pricker in my foot, alone. The key word being "alone." Let's just say that if I had woke up next to some hottie I would probably be drinking a nice glass of wine right now.


1 comment: